Hillingdon Borough vs Hertford Town

Score: 0 - 4

Match Report

Hertford Town made one of the longest away trips that they’ll face this season on Tuesday night when they made the journey to Ruislip to play Hillingdon Borough in the league. The Middlesex stadium is one of the nicest grounds in the league with a vibrant, new clubhouse and a good playing surface. The Blues also brought a noisy contingent of supporters with them to enjoy a beer on the veranda in the late-evening sunshine.
There were changes both in the starting line-up and the bench from Saturday. Even TJ was called up as physio for the evening! Sean Stock replaced Brandon White up front whilst Michael Elliott replaced the injured Buffonge at right-back. Marvin Samuel named himself on the bench for this fixture alongside new signings Ben Butler & Sam Ruff.
The game started brightly with early efforts from Summers hitting the post and Anstead forcing the home ‘keeper to tip a well-struck effort onto the bar. Christian was forced off with a hip injury on 14mins and was replaced by Ruff as Campbell shifted to fill the vacant berth at left-back. Summers fizzed another low shot just wide before The Blues (playing in red) took the lead. A succession of corners finally resulted in a goal when Smith sent a searching ball into the 6-yard box which was eventually bundled home by Fraser at the far post to go into the break with the lead.

Half-time: Hillingdon Borough 0-1 Hertford Town.

The lads were quick off the blocks after the restart and doubled their advantage within 2mins when Summers broke down the right and sent over a pinpoint cross for Anstead to nod home off the underside of the bar and bouncing down just over the line. The home players complained but the linesman flagged very early for the goal to be given and he was quite right too. The home side were looking dangerous down our left-hand side with the pacy substitute causing Elliott problems with quick, mazy runs. Whilst creating many chances to get back into the game, they didn’t have the finishing ability although Amaegbe was forced to make several good saves. Amaegbe looked solid all night and dominated his box catching nearly every cross and racing out to snuff out long balls into the box. The more Hillingdon pushed forward, the more space was left in behind and Summers saw a lob over the ‘keeper’s head nodded over for a corner by a scrambling last line of defence. Charles was replaced by Butler who came straight on and into the referee’s book for a silly infringement. Esso-Snowdon also replaced the hard-working Stock before our third goal of the evening was cooly slotted home by new Blue, Ruff after being released by a great ball from Smith on 87mins. Another quickly followed when Campbell setup Smith to rifle home from the edge of the area giving the ‘keeper no chance. The ref found a huge amount of injury time from somewhere before finally blowing the final whistle and confirming 3 points for The Blues taking them to 3rd place in the fledgling SSML Premier Division table.

Full-time: Hillingdon Borough 0-4 Hertford Town.

Man Of The Match goes to Ini Amaegbe for another assured appearance between the sticks and thoroughly deserved his clean sheet.

Match Report by Col Mason

IMG_3109 IMG_3090 IMG_3089
IMG_3086 IMG_3083 IMG_3077
IMG_3069 IMG_3068 IMG_3060
IMG_3057 IMG_3055 IMG_3053
IMG_3048 IMG_3045 IMG_3044
IMG_3040 IMG_3039 IMG_3037
IMG_3035 IMG_3034 IMG_3033
IMG_3032 IMG_3031 IMG_3029
IMG_3027 IMG_3026 IMG_3025

Photos © 2013 Wendy Mason


Anthony AnsteadGoal
Michael Elliott
Kardan CampbellAssist
Mark SummersAssist
Sean Stock
Danny Charles
Tommy Wade
Charlie SmithGoalAssistAssist
Bradley FraserGoal
Rickelle Christian
Ini Amaegbe


Jahbez Essoo-SnowdonSub
Sam RuffGoalSub
Ben ButlerYellow CardSub